Reinforces and builds customer/subscriber relationships through efficient response to customers’ service requests and solicitation of new legal customers. This position is responsible for consistently exceeding customer expectations with an informed understanding of our customers’ needs and making appropriate recommendations based on our established guidelines.
- Act as a primary source of product information and service support for customer, subscriber and staff inquiries, timely problem resolution and account maintenance. Maintain a high knowledge of all BCR products and services.
- Provide accurate, complete and consistent documentation in a timely manner.
- Participate in and contribute to training and team development to assist in adaptation to new processes and systems.
- Website maintenance
- System updates
- Newspaper sorting and labeling
- Perform delivery functions as needed
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills.
- Analysis and resolution skills.
- Knowledge of legal notices and services
- Ability to engage customers in conversations to increase legal notice and subscription sales.
- Ability to identify customer and staff needs.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to concentrate in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when resolving customer/staff issues.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with owner(s).
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with customers/subscribers.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading the computer screen. Must be able to talk and keyboard simultaneously. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels.
Internal — work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External — Some travel may be required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.
The staff at the Berrien County Record’s primary means is providing quality customer service. As well as, increasing customers, subscriptions, and legal notice sales. They’re responsible for adherence to legal notice quality standards, which minimizes risk to the newspaper. Their effectiveness is critical to the growth, profitability and future success of the newspaper.
Way to Apply
Resumes may be emailed directly to email@example.com.